Congratulations on being a new business owner!
Before we celebrate you starting a business and becoming a new business owner too much let’s make sure we check some important things off a list!
If you’re a new photographer be sure to check out our photographer resource page!
From Hobby to Professional
Starting a business can be so overwhelming! It is so tough to know where to start when you decide you want to pursue starting a business! When you look online everything is written in a way that can make you feel all lost and twisted. Here is a list of what you need to do to start taking on PAID clients & customers!
Although all businesses are different the business startup is all pretty basic as far as becoming legal goes!
- Filed your business with your state? This can be as a Limited liability company (LLC), Sole proprietorship, Partnership, Corporation: C Corp, S Corp, B Corp, Close Corporation or Nonprofit corporation, or Cooperative.
- Gotten an Employer Identification Number (EIN or FEIN)? If not you file online here!
- Gotten business insurance?
- Gotten a resale certificate? This is for PHYSICAL products being sold, NOT services!
- Filed for a Doing Business as (DBA)?
- This isn’t an absolute must unless you plan on working under a name that is not your legal business name.