Our Mission Statement:
We create an environment where owners feel like they’re not alone in running a business through creating a community. We work hard to provide resources for education and branding material creation. Building a business through creativity and community is truly something we believe in. Styled Shoots are a great way to network and get referrals.
Thank you for your interest in creating your dream portfolio with Glamour & Grind through styled shoots. We love using collaborations as a way to help build up small businesses.
Please read through the following guidelines in order to ensure that our shoots are the right fit for your marketing needs.
- Glamour & Grind will act as the sole and exclusive planner for the shoot. No other person, company, professional or otherwise, shall provide planning for the shoot. A planner can be brought on board for our shoots if they pay the vendor fee to be the “coordinator.” We are happy to work with other planners to create design boards if they are looking to hire a stylist.
- Although we know photographers plan shoots as well there is no need to feel that if you plan shoots you cannot be a part of one of ours. You are welcome to come be a part of the shoots as long as you are not trying to sell tickets to your shoots during our shoots. You will be removed from the group if you try to sell tickets during one of our shoots.
- You are welcome to sell tickets in Styled Shoots & Resources || A Glamour & Grind Community if you have applied and paid the fee.
- We charge a vendor fee and a photographer/videographer fee. We are happy to provide testimonials if needed. This is also something you are able to write off as a marketing expense.
- we allow and encourage our vendors to practice creative freedom in these shoots. These shoots are intended to be the marketing materials you want.
- Because there are limited spots we do not issue refunds. It is your responsibility to find someone who wants to buy your ticket from you.
What we Provide
- We will be paying the wholesale price of the flowers.
- We provide ribbon, ring boxes, and any other detail pieces available to us for flatlays.
- If we are working with a venue, to ensure the shoots match their marketing, we do ask the venues to contribute a portion of the flower expense.
- It is typically understood that Glamour & Grind will receive and distribute all galleries from a shoot from EVERY photographer. We expect that all photos will be provided to vendors allowing them to showcase their work and cross promote with other vendors via blog posts and publishing.
- Be Considerate: Everyone is shooting together as a group here. If you are consistently getting in the way of the other photographers and not allowing them to get the photos as well you will not be allowed to participate in shoots. It takes away value to the other members if people are not considerate.
- Number of Images: We expect a minimum of 40 images from our Flourish shoots per photographer.
- A safe number to go with is three images per setup/vendor to give them a range of photos to choose from. Remember the more photos you provide of a vendor’s work the more likely your work will be showcased on their social media with credit and you’re more likely to receive referrals from them.
- Galleries in a Timely Manner: After every shoot please share a link to your gallery within 3 weeks. No exceptions!
- Social Media: We expect all vendors to be credited in the caption of any image showcasing the shoot. When blogging, please give credit and include links to all websites, social media, etc. We will have a list of vendors in the Facebook group posted the day of the shoot.
- In the facebook group we have a vendor list that has everyone’s website and social media. If your information is not there please add it. There is an add on option to have Glamour & Grind upload your favorite photos to Later.com with all of the correct tags.
The Golden Rule
- We expect you to treat others and their things the way you would want to be treated or have your things be treated. Just because someone’s item looks tough does not mean it’s not fragile. Treat everything like it’s your baby.
- It’s Not All About You: These shoots are a group effort. You are expected to work in a group. This means taking turns getting the images everyone needs. Be patient. We allow for a lot of time with each station. Just because it may not be a shot you need does not mean you need to just skip the shot. We pair you by style but that does not mean you will need all of the same things. Please treat everyone as equals and see that they have the same opportunities as you to get the shots they deem important. Once you take all the shots you need please step back and let the others finish up. Do not rush any fellow photographer. Take turns getting close ups.
- Clean up after yourselves: If you bring something with you take it home or put it in the trash before you leave. It is not our responsibility to clean up after you.
- Publishing: Due to the shoots we plan being a collaborative effort we do not allow exclusive publishing. That being said you are welcome to book an exclusive shoot with Glamour & Grind if you want to be able to publish exclusively. For the group shoots you are welcome to publish in non-exclusive magazines.
- If you are agreeing to model we expect you to be fully committed to being there. If you back out we have the option to not allow you to model in future shoots.
- Hygiene: You must come with nails that are done, have press on nails or paint your nails.
- The male must have nails that are trimmed nicely. Facial hair expectations will be discussed ahead of time.
- Showing up: When you are a model we haven’t used before there is a fee of $50.00. This fee is 100% refundable for shoots if stated in the event description.