What is a marketing plan
A marketing plan is an operational document that tells a company the tactics, strategies & budget to follow for its advertising budget to where it will have the best return. A marketing plan may be made up of multiple marketing strategies.
Generally a marketing plan is made by a public relations, marketing or ad agency to outline activities for monthly, quarterly or annual campaigns. The goal for a marketing plan is to keep in mind your companies mission, ideal clients, budget, tactics, and deliverables.
What is in a marketing plan
- Tailored messaging to target ideal clients
- Market survey to set pricing and know your market competitors
- Marketing strategy
- Set Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to track progress
How to use a marketing plan
At any point a marketing plan can be adjusted based on the results of the current campaigns. It is important to be patient and let a campaign have time to show results before tweaking anything!
How to write a marketing plan
- State your business’s ultimate goal
- Determine the KPIs to track progress
- Identify your ideal client
- Create a content plan
- Clearly define marketing limitations
- Determine the marketing budget
- Identify the competition
- Delegate responsibilities
You must log in to post a comment.